- 1 quart oil for deep frying
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 2 (6 ounce) cans crabmeat, drained and flaked
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 2 tablespoons water chestnuts, drained and chopped
- 1 (14 ounce) package wonton wrappers
- In a large, heavy sauce pan heat oil to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- In a medium bowl, mix cream cheese, crabmeat, garlic powder, paprika and water chestnuts.
- Place approximately 1 teaspoon of the cream cheese mixture in the center of wonton wrappers. Moisten wrapper edges with water, fold over the mixture and pinch to seal.
- In small batches, fry the wontons 3 to 5 minutes, or until golden brown.
[shareaholic app="recommendations" id="24373039"]