- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup confectioners’ sugar
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 cup white sugar
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 eggs
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- 1/3 cup confectioners’ sugar for decoration
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- To make Bottom Layer: Mix one cup flour and 1/4 cup confectioners sugar. Melt the butter and stir into flour mixture.
- Press flat and even into an 8×8 inch baking dish. Bake for 20 minutes.
- While baking, make the top layer: Mix 1 cup sugar, 2 tablespoons flour, and the baking powder.
- Beat eggs and add to mixture, stirring well. Add lemon juice and rind, mix again.
- Pour over bottom layer; Bake at 350 for 25 minutes. Cool a little, cut into squares while warm; dust with confectioners sugar.