- 1 (16 ounce) package bow tie pasta
- 1 (6 ounce) package spinach leaves
- 2 cups fresh basil leaves
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 ounces prosciutto, diced
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
- 3/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup toasted pine nuts
- Fill a large pot with lightly salted water and bring to a rolling boil over high heat. Once the water is boiling, stir in the bow tie pasta and return to a boil. Cook the pasta uncovered, stirring occasionally, until the pasta has cooked through, but is still firm to the bite, about 12 minutes. Rinse with cold water to cool. Drain well in a colander set in the sink.
- Toss the spinach and basil together in a large bowl.
- Heat the olive oil in a skillet over medium heat; cook and stir the garlic in the hot oil for 1 minute; stir in the prosciutto and cook 2 to 3 minutes more. Remove from heat. Add to the bowl with the spinach and basil mixture; toss to combine. Pour in the drained pasta and retoss. Season with salt and pepper. Sprinkle with the Parmesan cheese and pine nuts to serve.